Directions for use:
Snappi® fasteners need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
1. STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size and in so doing, pulls the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand and close to the end of the leg with the other hand.
Then s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi® is now ready to go!
2. Make sure that the Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper.
Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right
Stretch DOWN and Hook Center
In other words, the Snappi® fastener should go from a "T" shape to a "Y" shape. By following these instructions, the Snappi® should be secure, the diaper will fit snugly and the baby should not be able to undo it. ALWAYS place a cover over the diaper and Snappi fastener.
EXTRA SAFETY FEATURE: When the Snappi® fastener is not in use, fold the thin strip at the end of each leg to the back of the Snappi®, and slip over the teeth of the white grip. This acts as a barrier and prevents the sharp teeth from being exposed.
CARE: Clean your Snappi® in hot soapy water. Do not launder them with diapers in the washer as this may weaken the grip attachment.
1. ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi® fastener on your baby's diaper.
2. Keep out of children's reach when not in use!
3. Do not use your Snappi® for longer than 6 months.
4. Do not leave your Snappi® lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi®.
CAUTION: Any tear in the Snappi® can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard. Do not cut your Snappi® as this could create weak spots in your Snappi®. Inspect your Snappi® before each use and discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts.
The composition is 100% polyurethane